They can provide a significant lack of productivity, but at the same time smartphones, tablets and other devices give us access to a worldwide array of apps to improve our motivation and enhance our productivity at the same time.
The trouble is, there’s just so many of them, that it can be a task in itself to even settle on one, let alone fine an app to solve your productivity woes. With that said, here are the top 10 enterprise apps to increase productivity:
This is a powerful diagraming tool accessible through the web and your Google account, with the ability to log-in with multiple accounts at the same time. It’s built using the technology that powers Google drive’s collaborative working feature and is hugely popular in the Google Apps for Business community. Cost: FREE
Insightly is one of the most popular project management and CRM apps in the Google app store, and it’s easy to see why. With its easy to use – intuitive user interface Insightly makes it easy to track leads, proposals and opportunities as well as managing projects, milestones and tasks. Cost: FREE for the first 3 users. Then $7 per user, per month.
- Used by thousands of businesses to “get things done”, Todolist is a powerful, yet simple solution to keep on track with things in your business.
- Access tasks across mobile, web, and tablets
- Easily collaborate and manage projects into more manageable “sub-tasks”
- Visually see your productivity over time, across the board so you can make actionable changes to improve it.
They say it takes an average of 21 days to form a new habit, in today’s world of distraction, never have we needed more to remain focused and retain good habits. Not strictly an “enterprise app” but a highly valuable app for both work & life outside of work.
Habit list encourages you to create “streaks” or “strides” to reach your goals, letting you know how many days you’ve been onto a streak, in its beautiful and intuitive app. With handy reminders to keep you focused. Cost: £1.99
Byword is a simple and efficient text editor for IOS 7 devices, the app boasts a “no frills” experience with the essential formatting tools & easy swiping gestures.
- Easily publish to WordPress, Tumblr, and Evernote or export in HTML, PDF & rich text
- Sync with iCloud & Dropbox
Worx provides a suite of enterprise level, secure tools to improve your productivity. No need to worry about rogue apps within your business, with Worx home users can access apps such as “Gotomeeting” and “Worx Mail” all with just one 4 digit pin. Cost: FREE Trial & Contact for a quote
Since Prezi launched in 2009 it has somewhat left Microsoft Power Point behind in the dust, with its almost limitless capabilities, users are not limited to a “slide by slide” view, but a much more emmersive “birds eye view” experience of the whole presentation, allowing the presenter to zoom into relevant topics, videos, photo’s and text.
Prezi is available both on the web and through native apps on iPhone & iPad for easy presentation creation on-the-go. Using the pinch-to-zoom to easily navigate in and out of points within the display.
- Collaborate in real time, anywhere in the world.
- Import your powerpoint slides into Prezi
- Work across multiple devices seamlessly and even access your presentations offline
Kashoo is a powerful and easy to use cloud accounting app, available on desktop, tablet and mobile.
It aims to throw away complicated excel spreadsheets and makes accessing your accounts easier and quicker. Allowing you to work from anywhere, any time with complete peace of mind from Kashoo’s bank level security and automatic backups.
- Easily enter expenses, snap and attach receipts
- Create easy invoices
- Visualise your businesses health
Hootsuite is an almost essential tool in todays social obsessed world, making it easy for teams of workers to manage a brands communication and deliver messages across 25 of the most popular social networks, including: Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin. Hootsuite is really your one-stop shop for social communication.
- Sophisticated collaboration system
- Easily visualise your performance and market influencers all in one place
- Create custom brand policies to keep your communication consistent across the board
- Secure – Realtime security alerts and monitors to ensure your accounts remains safe.
Evernote is the highly popular note-taking app packed full of useful features and plugins. With well over 100M users it’s the world’s biggest note taking platform, allowing users to easily share ideas and get things done quicker, and forget less..! Evernote focusses you on taking your ideas from conception to completion, easily collect ideas from across the web and store them in one centralised place. Cost: £8 per user per month, for businesses